Ground rent services
Shoosmiths' ground rent team is among the best in the country.
There are only a few other law firms that can demonstrate understanding and sheer volume of experience to match our own:
- in the last three years we have acquired around £75m of ground rent investments for a major ground rent investment fund
- we have handled hundreds of individual site acquisitions, a number of large portfolio acquisitions and some corporate acquisitions
- we recently disposed of a ground rent portfolio of 120 developments comprising approximately 5,000 units to a fund, including dealing with service of the section five notices
- we act for a number of the large housebuilders on ground rent disposals
- we have advised a ground rent fund on FSA compliancewe have our own Ground rent recoveries and tracing team
The liabilities that could be attached to a ground rent investment can far exceed the value paid. These issues can easily be missed because of the amount of paperwork/documentation, coupled with the fact that there is often serious time pressure driven by housebuilders' year end.
We have the experience, processes and staff numbers to handle fast ground rent transactions and to identify and focus on key issues. We also know what the market is doing and what it expects and can guide you.
We appreciate that legal costs can be a concern, so we offer fixed fees, capped fees and even conditional fee arrangements.
We recognise that some clients have the capability to carry out aspects of the due diligence themselves or may wish to adopt more risk, so we are happy to discuss your requirements with you.