Customers are the lifeblood of any business making or selling products or services. Equally important for manufacturers and retailers to bear in mind are the regulators and media, who can influence consumer choice and decisions in a fundamental way.
In an increasingly competitive market, all those in the supply and distribution chain must continue to satisfy the growing demands of consumers and regulators alike.
Our national regulatory team has a strong focus on helping businesses achieve their aims in this tough and competitive market, identifying risk, achieving commercial solutions, and maintaining future relationships.
From assisting businesses at the outset of a product launch, considering labeling, advertising, pricing strategies, dealing with fake goods and compliance, through to handling consumer or competitor complaints, our lawyers aim to help businesses prevent issues arising and avoiding reference to the media or regulators.
Where the regulators - including Trading Standards and the Advertising Standards Authority - have become involved, we guide clients through every step of the investigation, including formal submissions and criminal investigations, and covering, where necessary, court appearances and ASA adjudications.
If the media, consumers themselves, or competitors get hold of an issue, our lawyers are on hand to work with you to ensure damage to your brand and reputation is limited.
First and foremost, we tailor our advice to your business and provide cost clarity at all times.
- Acting for a national high street retailer in relation to all formal investigations by Trading Standards, including national product recalls, labeling, product descriptions, fabric content, food labeling and underage sales
- Successfully requiring a competitor to remove unfair comparative advertising from its website without the need to refer the matter to the ASA
- Representation at PACE interview and court for high street and online retailers and product manufacturers regarding product safety, including children's toys, nightwear and electrical goods
- Assisting in the preparation of due diligence systems for preventing underage sales
- Providing accurate terms and conditions for sales promotions and price offers, as well as in relation to free prize draws and competitions to ensure compliance with the Gambling Act.