Creditors' rights & asset recovery
Our national restructuring and insolvency team provides creditors' rights advice in relation to insolvency or threatened insolvency, including inter-creditor disputes and positions.
We understand that in these situations time is critical for you in maximising your position, whether through preventing additional losses or recovering assets in a third party location.
Sometimes, through no fault of your own, you are placed in a precarious position, owed significant sums by a customer of yours, or have a financially unstable tenant.
We know how to approach these situations as regards third parties or even insolvency practitioners, as we regularly act on the other side of the fence. We can assist you in negotiations designed to improve your position or protect you from a worsening one.
We help secured and unsecured lenders with strategic advice on how to maximise recoveries, including, if necessary, implementing the provisions of the Insolvency Act 1986 to recover assets and/or overturn prior transactions.
We can advise on:
- Supplier creditors seeking to recover goods supplied to insolvent entities
- Lenders about their recovery options before and after an insolvency event
- Real estate clients on insolvency of tenants or landlords
- Secured creditors about enforcement options and inter-creditor positions
- Creditors on their rights and remedies when a debtor is restructuring its affairs or enters a formal insolvency process