Shoosmiths’ personal advisory division works seamlessly with the firm’s corporate, real estate and business advisory teams to provide a service that is expert, caring and tailored to each client’s particular needs. Our best in class lawyers and paralegals are experts in their specialist disciplines, helping individual clients and their families with the serious and complex legal issues we all face at some point in our lives.
Famous for our client experience
- Shoosmiths has proven expertise in the provision of a personalised service combining knowledge, diligence and imagination to protect those things our clients hold dear and safeguard their wealth in whatever form that takes.
- Our highly professional conveyancing service makes the process of buying, selling, financing or more generally advising on residential property anywhere across Great Britain as efficient and stress-free as possible.
- Our team of specialist medical negligence and serious injury lawyers are recognised leaders in the field with decades of experience in helping individuals who have sustained life changing injuries to secure the financial support and rehabilitation they need to rebuild their lives.
- Our expert family team offer bespoke, practical and strategic advice to meet every eventuality including divorce, cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements, financial settlements as well as concerns for children and surrogacy arrangements.
- Our leading wealth protection team provide individually tailored succession planning strategies to ensure that our clients’ wealth passes tax efficiently to the right beneficiaries, in the right way and at the right time. We can offer advice on all aspects ranging from wills, trusts, probates to family investment companies and charities.
- When things go wrong, our disputed wills and trusts team has a wealth of experience in resolving disputes concerning wills, trusts and succession planning, including charitable legacies.
- Our Court of Protection team offer practical, sensitive and cost effective advice in the often complex care and support of those without capacity, the vulnerable and the elderly ensuring their protection and that all of their needs are met.
Whatever the opportunity or personal problem you face, we make the law a source of help and assistance, rather than a confusing or frustrating barrier, to help you realise your ambition, achieve your dream or overcome adversity.
On this page you can view related services, meet the team and explore recent insights.
You can view the wider team here, where you can also filter listings by sector, service or location.