Injunctions, by their very nature, require urgent action taken by lawyers who know what they are doing. Time is of the essence.
Various types of injunction are available including:
- an order for delivery up of goods, documents, information and/or databases, which are wrongfully being withheld;
- an injunction restraining an ex-employee/director or a seller of a business from breaching restrictive covenants;
- a freezing order to freeze the assets of a Defendant and to prevent further dissipation;
- a search order enabling premises, vehicles, computers and other electronic equipment and storage devices in the possession of a defendant to be searched to secure valuable evidence which might otherwise be destroyed;
- a mandatory injunction whereby a defendant is ordered by a court to do a specific act;
- an injunction to prevent acts of nuisance, harassment or trespass.
It may also be necessary to obtain orders against third parties (such as internet providers or social media platforms) in order to establish the identity of a wrongdoer - particularly so in cases of cyber breach, hacking or online harassment.
We have an experienced team able to assist you with all of these issues (including acting as supervising solicitors when search orders are executed).
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for a variety of clients in securing freezing orders in relation to hire purchase assets in the manufacturing sector.
- Acting as Court appointed supervising solicitors in respect of a multi-site search of 10 business and domestic premises in respect of highly sensitive and confidential documentation; co-ordinating all searches over a 2 day period.
- Successfully representing a well-known corporate entity with regard to a £50million pound dispute regarding breach of restrictive covenants and confidentiality.
- Acting for a client in the manufacturing sector in securing a freezing order, and search and seizure order, in a suspected large scale employee fraud.
- Acting for a UK Plc in relation to a claim against multiple defendants for conspiracy to defraud and civil bribery, securing a substantial financial recovery for the client. The claim involved obtaining a worldwide Freezing Order over the fraudsters' assets.
- Successfully obtaining a permanent injunction and substantial costs recovery for a major petrochemicals company against an unauthorised dealer. The claim also involved executing a search and seizure order.
- Obtaining several harassment injunctions to protect a number of companies and individuals from internet harassment campaigns.
- Advising a software house to successfully obtain a mandatory injunction in the High Court against a sub-contractor who assisted in the design and development of proprietary software but had included a “kill switch” embedded in the coding.
- Advising clients and securing third party pre action disclosure and Norwich Pharmacal orders against banks relating to email phishing frauds and ISP’s (including BT and Google) relating to defamatory postings.
Injunctions is part of Shoosmiths’ wider litigation offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].