The team regularly advises the structuring and documentation of sponsor-led leveraged buyouts, corporate-led acquisitions, bid financings and investment grade financings on both a domestic and international basis.
Financing an acquisition in today’s market requires a detailed understanding of corporate finance transactions and the competing interests of creditors. It also requires clear leadership and proactive transaction management in order to meet often time critical deadlines.
Our broad experience includes acting for some of the UK’s major banks and financial institutions, funds and alternative lenders, borrowers and private equity or venture capital investors across a variety of sectors
Recent deals include advising:
- Aero Services Global Group Limited, alongside their debt advisors, in connection with a £25m unitranche term facility provided by Magnetar/Realta for a strategic acquisition for the group and for refinancing purposes and also later in respect of the conversion of an amount of the Magnetar facility to equity.
- A holding company, acting alongside Five Arrows Principal Investments, in relation to its equity and debt facilities and in order to enable the acquisition of Sucsez Group B.V. (now named Heilbron), the leading Dutch tech enabled insurance distribution platform.
- A UK clearing bank in relation to a £20m term loan facility and £10m revolving credit facility to a third-generation flatbread maker to fund the buyback of shares and all amends and extends related to it.
- A leading education provider in relation to all its various debt financings (including a £145m and separate £25m facility) from a global investment organisation for the purpose of a share acquisition and subsequent re-investments in its collection of nurseries and primary schools in and around London.
- A publicly listed defence business in respect of its £40m financing with a club of three banks (including an accordion option) to finance the acquisitions of Portuguese and German subsidiary companies.
- A private equity backed company on facilities of up to £50.2m provided by three major clearing banks to fund the acquisition of business and assets to grow its co-educational day and boarding school portfolio (offering specialist support).
- LDC on its multi-million-pound minority investment into and credit facilities for Foundation SP an award-winning provider of digital transformation services to large enterprises and public sector organisations.
- Santander in relation to various facilities of up to €14.2m provided to a parent company to fund acquisitions in transport management systems and logistics software.
Leveraged finance is part of Shoosmiths’ wider banking & finance offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].
At a glance
Download our leveraged finance guide