Described by The Times columnist Edward Fennell as the “legal label to die for”, our nationally ranked team has helped some of the world’s best known consumer brands maximise their power, reach and value.
We do this through the provision of an integrated and comprehensive brand management service which includes:
- Trade mark and design filing, strategy and portfolio management;
- Trade mark, design and passing-off disputes;
- Audit and brand clearance;
- Acquisitions, disposals and licensing;
- Sponsorship and image rights;
- Anti-counterfeiting and parallel imports;
- Reputation management.
A selection of our work includes:
- advising easyGroup Limited, the investment vehicle of serial entrepreneur Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou and the founder of easyJet, on trade mark enforcement and strategy issues in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world;
- advising The White Company on a full range of brand management matters including new brand and design clearance, new registrations and portfolio management, licensing IP from third parties and handling brand and design disputes;
- advising Ann Summers in relation to defending oppositions filed by multiple parties in respect of a new product name, trade mark, design right and copyright enforcement against various third parties and licensing of the brand in a significant joint venture arrangement;
- advising market leaders in the travel and tourism sector in relation to a High Court claim for copyright infringement in relation to photographs of various hotels;
- managing the global portfolios of numerous household names including Game Retail, Elrow International, Hamleys, Frog Bikes and LK Bennett.
Other clients include:
- Kurt Geiger
- TJX Europe (TK Maxx)