Fast moving global capital markets and growing regulatory complexity makes for a particularly challenging environment within which to execute corporate finance transactions. Whether it be an issuance or acquisition of publicly listed shares, our partner lead corporate finance team understands the mix of proactivity, regulatory knowhow and project management that is required in order to deliver a successful, timely outcome for clients.
Our team, which forms a part of our award winning corporate practice acts for both corporate clients and financial institutions operating in the mid-market space, with a particular emphasis on the AIM market.
The team also frequently advises listed clients and their financial advisers on day to day compliance queries relating to their obligations as issuers of listed stock.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on a number of IPOs including of SSP Holdings, International Nuclear Solutions, Nanoco, Queens Walk Investments, Glencore and Bank of Georgia
- Advising on the demerger of AIM listed companies, Provexis and Science in Sport (“SiS”) and their re-admittance to AIM
- Advising on the reverse takeover and subsequent re-admission to AIM of AIM listed Croma Group PLC
- Advising GB Group on its step down to AIM from the Main Market
- Acting on secondary fundraisings (placings, open offers and rights issues) for Lloyds Banking Group, Xstrata, Glencore, Informa, Inchcape, Anglo American, Inmarsat, Sepura, 300 Group and Wellington Underwriting
- Advising offerors, including SSP Holdings, International Nuclear Solutions, Clipper Ventures, Cardtronics, a FTSE listed telecoms company and an NYSE listed company, on public takeovers (including by way of scheme of arrangement)
- Advising offerees, including International Nuclear Solutions, on public company takeovers
- Advising on P2P transactions, including acting for Scroll Bidco (offeror) and the shareholders of SSP Holdings (offeree)
- Advising a CIS-region financial institution on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in a London listed oil exploration company
Corporate finance is part of Shoosmiths’ wider corporate offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].