Our team advises UK and international organisations on achieving their strategic goals and prides itself on delivering highly complex, high-profile transactions for our clients.
These clients include entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals; fast-growth companies and SMEs through to multinational household names as well as financial advisers and institutional sponsors. This range gives an unrivalled 360 degree view on the M&A market both from a buy-side and a sell-side perspective.
Our specialist lawyers have a deep-rooted knowledge of the latest trends and developments in M&A and proven experience in providing a comprehensive service and negotiating the best transactional outcome for their clients. We take a fully integrated approach to transactions leveraging multi-disciplinary technical knowledge from our specialist teams working with our client’s overseas lawyers to provide a seamless one-stop service. This enables clients to make informed commercial decisions on complex and often time-pressured issues.
We are results-orientated, focused on providing cost-effective business solutions rather than obstacles. We are proactive in our approach, do not point score with other advisers and pride ourselves on our pragmatic, commercial approach that aligns itself to the client’s objectives and priorities and provides clear and decisive advice every step of the way. This combination of technical, transactional and sector excellence enables us to offer a best in class service to deliver transactions on the best possible terms.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the sale of Valpak, the UK’s largest environmental compliance solutions provider, to Reconomy, the UK’s leading provider of outsourced waste management and recycling services
- Advising the shareholders of Bybox Group Holdings Limited, including LDC (a specialist in smart locker technology) on its £221m sale to Francisco Partners
- Advising SIG plc on various strategic disposals including the sale of VJ Technology and Roofspace
- Advising South African listed corporation, Truworths International on the £256m acquisition of an 88.9% stake in Office Retail Group
- The British Retail Consortium (BRC) on their sale of BRC Global Standards to the LGC Group (formerly known as the Laboratory of the Government Chemist)
- Advising Rotala plc on its strategic acquisition of assets from First Group and associated placing
Mergers & acquisitions is part of Shoosmiths’ wider corporate offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].
View our recent deals
Click below to view a selection of deals Shoosmiths M&A team advised on in 2020