Our asset finance disputes and investigations team acts for many of the best-known names in the sector including captive, bank-owned and private motor and asset finance lenders.
Our expertise spans a wide range of asset classes including motor vehicles, commercial vehicles, plant and machinery, yellow goods, marine, aviation, and IT.
Asset Finance has been a core specialism of the firm for many years, which is reflected in the experience and length of service of our team members. We understand the issues faced by our clients, and are able to offer a wide-range of services including recovery of assets and / or liabilities from customers, guarantors or third parties (including injunctive relief where appropriate), fraud investigation, multi-funding and title disputes, satisfactory quality disputes, and claims brought against lenders.
Work examples include:
- Obtaining an urgent injunction for a motor finance client for the delivery-up of 8 super cars with a combined value of c£5m.
- Acting for a commercial trailer leasing business in a dispute with a lessee concerning 40 refrigerated trailer units under 4 long term rental agreements.
- Acting for the Asset Finance division of a major bank in a large-scale fraud relating to the purchase of specialist industrial equipment for use in salt processing.
- Acting for a bank-owned Asset Finance business in a 3-party dispute worth c£1.1m arising from the supply and installation of a biomass boiler.
- As one of the largest asset finance litigation teams in the country, we are active members of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA) and BVRLA. We regularly attend industry events and speak at conferences, ensuring we are well-placed to advise you on industry best practice.
Asset finance disputes & investigations is part of Shoosmiths’ wider litigation offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].