The need for accurate and timely professional advice, often when the most business critical decisions are involved, could not be more important.
In uncertain times, obtaining that professional advice is prudent risk management for any business.
And the ability to put your absolute faith in that advice being correct is the very least you should expect.
So when that advice is wrong, it is not surprising that the financial fallout can be extremely serious.
Our view is that your business, having relied on professional advice, is entitled to take all necessary steps to ensure it is compensated for the consequences of that advice proving to be wrong.
Most professionals carry insurance in the expectation and understanding that mistakes do happen. Whilst professionals fully expect to be held accountable when it does go wrong, it pays to have someone experienced in your corner.
At Shoosmiths, we have a dedicated team of lawyers able to guide you through the process of recovering the cost and expense of bad professional advice, be it from solicitors, surveyors, IT consultants, accountants, administrators, auditors, financial advisers, insurance brokers, or any other professional you have put your faith in.
Our specialist professional negligence disputes team will work with you to ensure you get the result you deserve, whether that is through the litigation process, arbitration or exploring alternative dispute resolution and mediation. Our team includes members of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association, and Partner Matthew Howarth is ranked in Band 1 for claimant professional negligence work in the Chambers and Partners UK directory 2019.
We are also skilled at achieving, not only a great settlement, but also in maintaining a positive future relationship with your adviser where appropriate.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for a lender client in multiple professional negligence and breach of trust claims against solicitors relating to a property development in the South West. The action grouped the claims together enabling economies of scale to be secured
- Acting for a lender client in professional negligence claims against valuers regarding alleged overvaluation on buy to let properties
- Acting for trustees and employers against pensions advisers in relation to the negligent drafting of scheme rules and negligent administration of pension benefits
- Acting for a sponsoring employer in an occupational pension scheme in a claim against the scheme administrators regarding the equalisation of the member benefits
- Acting for a solicitor in defending allegations of misconduct and negligence brought before the Solicitors Regulation Authority and responding to an investigation
- Acting for clients pursuing claims against accountants in a variety of claims concerning incorrect tax advice
Professional negligence is part of Shoosmiths’ wider litigation offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].