We are well known for our work in advanced manufacturing, software, energy, transport (including automotive), telecoms and smart technologies.
Many of our lawyers have backgrounds in science, engineering or manufacturing and have worked in-house at technology companies or research organisations meaning that we will quickly understand your technology and the market in which you operate.
We advise on all stages of the technology innovation life cycle, including:
- technology audits
- R&D and collaboration agreements
- patent and know how licensing
- manufacturing and supply agreements
- breach of confidence and trade secrets
- specialist litigation (including patent, software and breach of confidence disputes)
- essential patents and FRAND disputes
- related services, such as funding and state aid
Examples of our work include advising:
DynaEnergetics – a market-leading designer and manufacturer of gas and oil well perforating equipment - in relation to multi-jurisdictional patent infringement and revocation proceedings concerning reactive shaped charges. The case settled in late 2018 following the conclusion of a High Court trial
DataLase –global leader in photonic printing solutions and owner of over 300 patents in relation to the creation and exploitation of technology through UK and international joint development agreements, patent licenses, supply agreements and commercialisation agreements
Global machine tool manufacturer – in relation to new product clearance, IP development and commercialisation agreements and patent licensing matters