Our team of specialist insurance lawyers has a wealth of experience in handling insurance-related disputes which we use to achieve consistently excellent results for our clients.
Central to our commercial insurance work is our investment in clients and the effort we put into understanding their needs and problems. We then provide a tailored service to meet those needs. We strive to find practical and commercial solutions, because litigation in any dispute should always be the last resort.
Combining extensive experience, evolving and innovative pricing and genuine sector expertise to deliver a consistently outstanding service, you will find us practical, down to earth and easy to deal with.
We provide non-contentious advice on obtaining insurance products and policy wording as well as insurance regulation and advice on captive arrangements.
Our experts are also on hand to support with any coverage issues and claims such as;
- Policy cover disputes, excess liability and reinsurance disputes
- Financial lines advisory and disputes
- Product liability claims and defence
- Insurance broker legal support services
- Public & employers liability defence work
- Property and environmental damage including claims relating to fire, floods, subsidence and pollution
- Title indemnity and rights of light coverage
- Professional indemnity work
- Cyber and business interruption coverage and claims
- Credit insurance disputes
- Claims involving fraud
- Subrogated recoveries
- Marine insurance disputes
Recent experience includes:
- Representing London market insurers in a Directors’ & Officers’ coverage claim in US Federal Court
- Advising US and London crime insurers and their insured on substantial theft and recovery of monies
- Representing a global reinsurer in relation to a series of reinsurance recoveries.
- Recovery claims for a household name new build warranty / insurance provider, including claims brought against developers, builders and architects arising out of defects discovered at high value developments
- Successfully extracting a global healthcare company from a multiparty, multi-million pound High Court product liability claim arising out of fire damage
- Advising a household name client in respect of a multi-million pound claim in respect of defective toy products
- Advising on a policy coverage dispute concerning a right to light claim
- Advising a leading international automotive manufacturer in relation to a multi-million fatal damages claim including allegations relating to alleged design and manufacture of the product
- Defending catastrophic injury cases, within the film industry
Insurance disputes & non-contentious advice is part of Shoosmiths’ wider litigation offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].