Our specialist disputes and investigations lawyers work across the banking and financial services sector and throughout the UK to resolve disputes and manage risks.
The breadth and complexity of the financial services sector is such that issues inevitably arise which require specialist dispute management skills.
We have a long history of working in this space and proudly operate across all UK jurisdictions. We have specialist teams in each location comprising civil and criminal lawyers who work collaboratively to ensure the best possible outcomes to disputes and the effective resolution of regulatory challenges.
Our teams handle:
- financial services litigation and arbitration (both domestic and international)
- investigations and enforcement matters brought by the FCA and other bodies involving regulated firms, individuals and listed companies
- issues and disputes across the financial services sector concerning data protection, financial markets, retail investment and finance, trusts, wealth management, pensions, insurance, insolvency, competition and reputation management.
We adopt a pragmatic approach to manage risk and achieve positive outcomes. We have innovative ways of managing costs, including external funding of disputes, and using ADR wherever possible. We understand the importance of taking action that is consistent with regulatory obligations and takes account of reputational issues.
The areas we cover include:
- Asset backed and receivables finance disputes
- Asset finance litigation
- Banking litigation
- Specialist consumer finance disputes and litigation
- Financial advisory disputes, including high value FOS matters
- Financial markets disputes
- Fraud and financial crime
- Internal investigations and past business reviews
- Insurance and reinsurance disputes
- Pensions disputes
- Financial Services investigations and enforcement
- Trade finance disputes
- Professional negligence