Dealing with more than 200 corporate and banking transactions each year means we are able to bring experience and a commercial edge to the advice we give you.
Acting for borrowers, lenders and investors means we understand the needs of all parties in financing a transaction.
Clients say we are “one of the most commercial teams in the market” and we pride ourselves on proactively identifying key issues on a transaction by transaction basis. Our role is to find solutions for you, not problems – we understand your needs and deliver advice tailored to meeting those needs.
Recent deals include advising:
- The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited T/A NatWest International and National Westminster Bank Plc in relation to a £500m revolving credit facility to Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar to assist with the stability of the economy following the COVID pandemic as well as other capital expenditure and investments.
- Net1 International Holdings AS and its subsidiaries (in Indonesia and the Netherlands) in connection with its facilities of US $75.4m arranged by Gemcorp Capital LLP supported by two development financial institutions.
- A leading education provider in relation to its various debt financings (including separate £145m and £25m facilities) from a global investment organisation for share acquisitions and reinvestment purposes.
- CDC Group plc in relation to a number of facilities including facilities to PEGAfrica Ltd, a solar power business with customers in Ghana, Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire and Mali and a US$15m financing for RFL, a Bangladesh based white goods manufacturer.
- GCC Resorts Limited in connection with its new US $31.5m financing with Access Bank (Ghana) Plc and East Guardian SPC enabling the continued operation of the 5 star Kempinski Hotel in Accra, Ghana and the repayment of GCC’s existing facilities.
- A publicly listed defence business in respect of its £40m facilities (including an accordion) with a club of three banks involving German and Portuguese facilities.
- A major UK retailer in connection with a new £20m revolving credit facility agreement with Lloyds Bank plc for general working capital purposes.
- A major UK clearing bank in relation to a £35m facilities agreement for an international flatbreads manufacturer to finance, amongst other things, an onlend to an Indian subsidiary.
- An English company that specialises in planning, construction and operating a range of commercial assets in relation to a £15m term loan facility which it made available to an English borrower for the purposes of investing in its wider group.
Corporate lending is part of Shoosmiths’ wider banking & finance offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].
At a glance
Download our corporate lending guide