This brave new world brings novel opportunities and different challenges to navigate.
Connectivity is transforming the landscapes of automotive, energy, infrastructure, manufacturing, finance, health and more. Our lawyers have adapted to meet the legal challenges of this connected world, combining expertise in telecommunications and wireless technologies with in-depth sector knowledge to help drive new strategies and maximise opportunity.
The true connectivity facilitated by 5G can only be fully harnessed through collaborations with new partners – within your industry, with telco and technology specialists or between different connected industries. Our lawyers bring deep expertise in diverse and complex collaboration models, helping to protect your position further downstream.
We don’t just provide clear, relevant advice, but strive to understand your technology, building on our understanding of connectivity of devices, 5G infrastructure and international communications standards. With deep experience in wireless communications, we’ll help you navigate technical standards, rights to standard essential patents, FRAND licensing models and competition law. And since our litigation specialists have worked on some of the largest patent cases in the UK in the field of wireless technology, we can provide market-leading insight on litigation or arbitration strategies, whether you are enforcing your rights or defending assertions against you.
Ready to find out more?
Click below to learn more about our connected Tech services.
Our lawyers advise on a broad spectrum of issues across connected technologies such as smart energy and infrastructure, CAV, e-health and digital manufacturing, including:
- 5G infrastructure projects
- Collaboration agreements
- Development and commercialisation strategies
- IP transactions, licensing and ownership
- Technical standards and standard setting organisations’ IPR policy
- FRAND licensing requirements and framework
- ‘Standard essential’ patent litigation
Team members’ experience includes:
- advising a UK MNO in a £100m+ 5G core infrastructure project
- advising Government Research Organisation in relation to an ambitious smart city demonstrator project
- advising a cross-industry group on their 5G project in relation to connected and autonomous vehicles and advising on issues relating to interoperability and technical standards
- advising a leading international provider of wireless telecommunications infrastructure on its bid to deliver one of the largest deployments of Wi-Fi services on the UK transport network
- acting in one of the largest patent cases brought before the UK Patents Court, in the field of 3G/4G patents
- advising a connected health manufacturer on issues relevant to e-health, from R&D and contribution to technical standards to licensing and enforcement strategies
- acting in the most recent and precedent-setting SEP/RAND case before the UK Patents Court, in relation to Digital Subscriber Line technology
- project managing complex projects, including monetisation programmes to enforce patent and other IP rights against licensees in multiple jurisdictions