We are experts in Arbitration.
Our Arbitration team represents clients, and supports lawyers in other jurisdictions, in both national and international Arbitration proceedings where English law applies. In cases where an alternative choice of law applies, then we work with lawyers from jurisdictions all over the world (often through our longstanding membership of the World Services Group, a multi-disciplinary professional services organisation, which brings together leading advisers in over 145 countries), to give our clients global coverage.
We specialise in high-value and complex commercial Arbitration under the auspices of most of the institutional and procedural rules including AAA, ARIAS, ICC, LCIA, LMAA, SCC and UNCITRAL.
We advise on the following:
- Arbitration agreements including Arbitration rules, jurisdiction and choice of law
- All aspects of the Arbitral proceedings
- The enforcement of Arbitral awards globally
- Obtaining interim measures and relief
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for the African claimant in a claim originally estimated to be $500 million against a Chinese telecommunications network provider under DIFC-LCIA and LCIA rules, attending the tribunal hearings in both Dubai and London
- Acting for a global engineering company in an LCIA Arbitration concerning the design and functionality of control systems for the oil and gas industry, and associated liquidated damages
- Representing a Nigerian mobile telecoms company in an ICC Arbitration dispute with a sub-contractor
- Advising an investment bank in an ICC Arbitration with an international technology services provider concerning a software development project and breach of service levels
- Acting in a four party dispute against a multi-national concerning the manufacture of engineering components for a generator for several off-shore oil rigs
- Advising in Arbitration proceedings commenced under LMAA terms in relation to claims concerning shipments of steel and dealing with issues of consolidation and Arbitrator jurisdiction
- Handling international (re)insurance Arbitrations, both ad hoc and under ARIAS US rules, including Bermuda Form Arbitration