At Shoosmiths, our Capital Projects and Infrastructure team, a cornerstone of the newly-launched Infrastructure and Energy sector, are experts in the cutting-edge technologies that are transforming our lives.
We can help you seize the opportunities of a decarbonising economy, arming you with the legal and commercial insights you need to drive your next-generation projects forward and achieve a sustainable legacy for us all.
Nick Iliff brings more than two decades of experience in UK and international infrastructure finance transactions, advising lenders, borrowers, sponsors and governmental bodies on the delivery of a wide range of projects. James Wood-Robertson is an experienced commercial infrastructure lawyer, who has advised on major capital projects across a variety of sectors in the UK and overseas.
Working with the Technology, Mobility, Living and Financial Services sectors, we provide powerful solutions to challenging and complicated projects, as well as traditional infrastructure and energy projects.
Our recent experience includes:
- waste, energy-from-waste (EFW) & biofuels
- renewable energy generation (wind, solar etc) and storage/demand side response
- smart cities and data infrastructure
- electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, and
- decentralised energy and heat networks
- Advising a West Yorkshire local authority on the procurement of its waste management PPP project, and advising a major UK waste business on its successful bid for a waste PPP project in Scotland
- Advising a leading Chinese solar manufacturer and developer on the drafting and negotiation of EPC and O&M contracts on several ground-mounted solar PV projects, and advising on the disposal of its developed sites
- Advising Taiwan's leading solar PV panel manufacturer on all of its UK housing association rooftop solar PV projects
- Advising a leading UK bank on the negotiation and completion of its power purchase agreement with an operator of a portfolio of landfill gas power plants, which provides sufficient electricity to meet 20% of the bank's energy requirements
- Advising an onshore wind developer on its end-user power purchase agreements with two large corporates, and advising the developer and funder of a large onshore wind farm in Scotland on its Contract for Difference (CfD) PPA
- Advising a client on contracts for the construction of the largest biofuels plant in the UK, constructed at a cost of nearly £400m. Work included drafting and negotiation of a bespoke EPCM contract
- Drafting and negotiating a bespoke turbine supply agreement and associated warranty and maintenance agreements for a major offshore wind farm
- Acting for an international engineering company on its consortium arrangements with other consortium members for conversion of a power station, and advising on the terms of the EPC contract for the conversion project
Capital projects & infrastructure is part of Shoosmiths’ wider commercial services offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].