Our venture capital team acts on the entire life cycle of a company’s business, from seed investment rounds up to £500,000, through Series A, B and later investment rounds, and on to exit.
With a service ethic focused on getting the right results for clients the team’s experience translates into quick, intuitive and effective advice for clients backed by cost transparency, clear reporting and accessibility.
As market-leaders on SEIS, EIS and VCT structuring, our specialist knowledge sets us apart and allows us to develop solutions which others assume are not achievable.
Recognition for the team includes two major awards: Corporate and Commercial Firm of the Year for Venture Capital at the Legal 500 UK Awards, and Best SEIS/EIS Tax Adviser at the EIS Association Awards.
Shoosmiths is an active member of the EIS Association, the Association of Investment Companies and the BVCA and regularly advises clients on responses to Government consultations in the VCT arena. We are also proud to have launched spHERe, a new platform within the VC world to support female founders and women in venture capital.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Matillion Limited on its $20m Series B financing and more recently its $35m Series C investment led by Battery Ventures
- Advising Beringea LLP on their Series A $19m investment into Fnatic, the leading global esports brand
- Advising Octopus Ventures on their sale of Graze.com to Unilever
- Advising Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging on their exit backed by August Equity
- Advising Masabi, a UK-based mobile ticketing and public transport payments company, in securing a further $20m financing, led by Smedvig Capital and MMC Ventures
- Advising both NVM and Downing LLP on their joint investment in Channel Mum for a combined sum of £4.8m
Venture & development capital is part of Shoosmiths’ wider corporate offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].