Our venture capital team acts on the entire life cycle of a company’s business, from seed investment rounds up to £500,000, through Series A, B and later investment rounds, and on to exit.
With a service ethic focused on getting the right results for clients the team’s experience translates into quick, intuitive and effective advice for clients backed by cost transparency, clear reporting and accessibility.
As market-leaders on SEIS, EIS and VCT structuring, our specialist knowledge sets us apart and allows us to develop solutions which others assume are not achievable.
Recognition for the team includes two major awards: Corporate and Commercial Firm of the Year for Venture Capital at the Legal 500 UK Awards, and Best SEIS/EIS Tax Adviser at the EIS Association Awards.
Shoosmiths is an active member of the EIS Association, the Association of Investment Companies and the BVCA and regularly advises clients on responses to Government consultations in the VCT arena. We are also proud to have launched spHERe, a new platform within the VC world to support female founders and women in venture capital.
Besides working on a serial basis for a number of investors including Octopus, Triple Point, BGF and Downing LLP, recent experience also includes advising:
- Harbr on their $38.5m Series A investment round led by Dawn Capital and Tiger Global;
- Data processing company, Matillion, on its $100m Series D funding round led by Lightspeed Ventures;
- Augmented reality construction tech company, XYZ Reality, on its £5m seed financing round led by Amadeus Capital and Hoxton Ventures;
- European VC, Lakestar, as lead investor in the £30m Series B funding round into Streetbees;
- Specialist provider to the global gaming industry, Universally Speaking Limited, on a significant investment by Phoenix Equity Partners;
- German VC, Burda Principal, on their participation in the £75m Series D investment into Bloom & Wild led by General Catalyst;
- Faculty on their £30m Series B funding round led by Apax Digital Fund.
Venture & development capital is part of Shoosmiths’ wider corporate offering. If you would like help finding the right team or lawyer please contact us on +44 (0)3700 863 000 or contact us by email to [email protected].