As part of our ‘Future Cities’ campaign, Shoosmiths is holding a series of virtual ‘think tank’ discussions with prominent local stakeholders in different locations across the UK to share insights and ideas around what the future holds for these locations.
Here we discuss Edinburgh, and the view from the panel is that the city continues to be a fantastic place to live and invest in, with real optimism and positivity for the green agenda, despite ongoing challenges around affordability and infrastructure.
The panel discussion was chaired by the head of Shoosmiths’ Edinburgh office and real estate partner, Janette Speed.
Our panel comprised:
- Paul Lawrence – Executive Director for Place, City of Edinburgh Council
- Richard Lockhart – Associate Director, Scottish Futures Trust
- Stuart Heslop – Managing Director, Real Estate Finance, Scotland & North England and UK Housing Finance, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Jonathan Guthrie – Director for Strategic Partnerships, Robertson Group
- Heather Kiteley – Group Chief Executive, Port of Leith Housing Association
- William Kyle – Fund Director, PfP Capital
- James Godfrey – Partner, Culverwell
- Dr John Boyle – Director, Research & Strategy, Rettie & Co
Read the summary
Click the download button below for the summary of the discussion, or sign up to receive future editions of our 'A better future' series.