Adam is a corporate associate based in the Thames Valley office.
Adam has experience in a range of transactions including acquisitions, disposals, venture and growth capital investment, private equity investment, reorganisations, shareholder investments, private to public re-registrations of companies, share buy backs, conducting legal due diligence as well as general corporate governance.
Adam has experience working with investors, management teams and companies, particularly in the manufacturing, tech, media and communications sectors.
Adam’s recent experience includes:
- assisting with the £221 million sale of smart locker technology and field service solutions company Bybox to private equity backer Francisco Partners;
- assisting with the acquisition of Wax Digital, an independent Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business by a private equity house;
- advising LDC on its £16 million investment into national hair salon operator, Rush Hair;
- advising Downing Ventures and Gresham House Ventures on its combined £8 million investment into Funding Xchange, a FinTech company offering its customers instant access to personalised quotes for business funding;
- advising Downing Ventures and Foresight Group on its investment into Masters of Pie, a virtual reality and augmented reality software company;
- advising NVM Private Equity on its £3.1 million investment into Clarilis Limited, a provider of automated solutions software for the legal industry;
- advising NVM Private Equity on its £2.2 million investment into Mo, a recognition, employee reward and ideas platform;
- advising NVM Private Equity on its £2 million investment into Duke & Dexter, an award-winning footwear manufacturer;
- advising Treetops Nurseries on its expansion through a number of acquisitions of other nursery sites;
- advising the shareholders of Xtrac, a world leader in the design and manufacturer of high performance transmissions for the motorsport and automotive industry, in a buyout deal with Inflexion Private Equity;
- advising the shareholders of Phabrix Limited, a manufacturer of video and audio broadcast test and measurement instruments, in their exit and sale of shares to Leader Electronics;
- advising on a company re-registration from private to public limited status, including the UK’s first re-registration of a private Community Interest Company to a Community Interest Public Limited Company;
- advising company directors in relation to a proposed public offer of investment; and
- principal advisor on the acquisition of a specialist case management company providing rehabilitation services to clients with severe and complex injuries.
Before joining Shoosmiths in September 2015 Adam studied law at The University of Kent before completing the LPC at the University of Law in Guildford. Adam qualified in 2015 having completed his training contract with a regional law firm where he was part of the commercial and corporate team.