Alistair works in the corporate department advising on all aspects of corporate law, with particular specialty around mergers and acquisitions, growth and venture capital, private equity and joint venture arrangements.
Alistair is one of the country’s leading and most active venture capital lawyers - advising on early stage seed investments to series A and later rounds and through to exists.
Alistair works with a variety of clients including for prominent investors such as Octopus Ventures and Oxford Capital on a serial basis, private companies (from start-ups to large corporates), listed plcs, founders and management teams.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Octopus Ventures on circa 20 venture capital investments in the last 12 months, including on its series C investment into augmented reality component developer Wave Optics Limited (total round size $26m) and its series B investment in Irish based content management Amplience Limited (total round size $37m).
- Octopus Development Finance on multiple growth capital investments.
- Oxford Capital, on various venture capital investments, including into verification solutions for data sharing utilising blockchain provider Vchain Technology Limited and the deep object recognition provider Xihlem Limited.
- Data intelligence provider Geospock on its series B investment round (total round size £12m).
- The shareholders of environmental compliance experts Valpak on its sale to Reconomy.
- PE fund, GPE Capital Partners LLP on a series of investments.
- Kier Limited on various affordable and private housing development joint ventures.
Having read law at the University of Sheffield, Alistair completed his LPC at Nottingham Law School with distinction. Alistair trained at Irwin Mitchell and joined Shoosmiths on qualification in September 2010.