Barbara is real estate lawyer with experience of acting for a range of property clients from investment funds, retail clients, to industrial landlords, mixed use developers and larger plc clients. She advises on all aspects of commercial property, from the grant and exercise of options, to conditional contracts, agreements for lease and pre-lets, acquisition and disposal work and is experienced in landlord and tenant and portfolio management work.
Recent experience includes:
- acting for a major FTSE 250 brewery company in relation to its property portfolio, including all aspects of a large scale disposal programme and development of new build pub sites;
- acting for sustainable property investment fund on the sale and purchase of investment and development property;
- acquisition and disposal of leasehold properties for high street retailers, including new build retail schemes and contracts which are conditional on substantial landlord’s works;
- acting for an industrial landlord on lettings and/or disposals of large warehouse space, including contracts which are conditional on planning and works;
- acting for a commercial developers and a national house builder in relation to pre-lets on mixed use development schemes.
Barbara has been an associate in Shoosmiths' real estate practice since 2012, having been a trainee solicitor at the firm who qualified as a solicitor in March 2008.