Caroline provides commercial law advice to a variety of public and private bodies, including: outsourcing arrangements; franchise agreements; IT; supply of goods and services; distribution; consumer law; direct marketing; advertising; and modern slavery.
Caroline has extensive in-house experience through various client secondments. Caroline has managed internal and external legal teams across several disciplines and often implements new processes to maximise efficiency for both in-house legal teams and business leads; including by developing suites of template agreements and how-to guides; introducing legal policies and document management procedures; and by providing legal training presentations and workshops. Caroline understands first-hand the pressures our clients are under, which enables her to provide wide-ranging pragmatic and solutions driven support.
Recent experience includes:
- supporting a leading provider of assurance services in the food safety audit and certification sector, covering the food supply chain “from farm to fork” on a number of issues. Recently Caroline advised and led the negotiation of the contract in relation to this client’s supply of auditing services to three well known fast food brands, covering the brands’ restaurants and franchises across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- providing ten template agreements to our global publisher client relating to online publication subscriptions, online webinars, sponsorship and events management, advertorials, editing services and workshops.
- preparing and negotiating complex framework agreements on behalf of a global car manufacturer for the supply of marketing services, across several global brands.
- supporting the Global General Counsel at a global mass media company while on secondment as the sole UK Legal Counsel in 2019. Caroline handled day-to-day queries and provided advice globally in relation to a wide variety of issues. Caroline’s highlights were: managing several global IT projects; creating and rolling out new global licensing terms regarding the company’s branding; creating events sponsorship terms for the company’s luxury events; and working closely with the social media / influencer marketing teams on a variety of marketing issues.
- acting as our global client’s interim Regional Legal Counsel while on full-time secondment, covering the client’s operations in the assurance, risk and compliance sector across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, including managing 25 legal entities and various branch offices. Caroline prepared and negotiated agreements in relation to the company’s software subscription service offering, its world-wide auditing of a number of household food brands, standards certification (including farm assurance schemes) and its other risk management services.
- while on secondment as Senior Legal Counsel at a British multinational retailer and international franchisor, Caroline managed and supervised the junior team on domestic and international BAU matters, overseeing several outsourcing projects, and implementing efficiency changes throughout the company.
- providing full on and off site legal support to a leading cereal manufacturer, including in relation to the purchase of advertising and media services, locally sourced ingredients (including wheat and sugar), packaging, haulage services and facilities management.
- advising a start-up tech company in relation to the legal requirements involved in providing social media services through the hosting of a website and innovative mobile app, including direct marketing advice03700 86 40 20 |