Charlotte is a Principal Associate in the Banking and Finance team, based in our Nottingham office. Charlotte specialises in acquisition and leveraged finance transactions, as well as having experience advising banks, financial institutions and corporates in relation to real estate finance and general corporate banking, as well as debt portfolio sale and purchase transactions.
Charlotte's experience includes:
- acting for aerospace group, Aero Services Global Group (part of A2E Industries' portfolio) in relation to its £25 million debt facilities with Magnetar Capital, alongside £6m of asset financing from Close Brothers, including debt to equity conversion steps;
- advising Octopus Investments' development capital team on a number of VCT lending matters, including investments into Sova Assessment, Natterbox and TRI;
- acting for Solid Solutions' management team in their capacity as junior creditors alongside senior funding provided by Muzinich and Santander, as part of LDC's investment into the business;
- advising Alpha Group on a loan provided by Thincats as part of the NVM Private Equity backed £18 million MBO of Pareto Facilities Management Ltd;
- acting for the Progress Group on its banking facilities to fund its acquisitive aims, including in relation to the group's strategic acquisition of Grey Matter Learning Limited;
- advising a clearing bank on its financing of the purchase of a Midlands based wholesale foods business by its founders; and
- acting for Shawbrook Bank Limited in respect of a number of commercial loans to fund customer acquisitions, including Hydromarque, Olive Jar Digital and Retrac's employee ownership trust transfer.
Charlotte trained at Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds, qualifying into the Corporate Banking team in September 2012. She joined Shoosmiths in May 2017. In 2015, Charlotte spent six months on secondment in the financial sponsors team at HSBC Bank plc, working on sponsor-led leveraged finance transactions.