Charlotte is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance team, based in our Nottingham office. Charlotte has experience advising banks, financial institutions and corporates in relation to a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged and acquisition finance, real estate finance and general corporate banking, as well as debt portfolio sale and purchase transactions.
Charlotte's experience includes:
- advising a national training and education specialist in relation to its £45.5 million refinance with an independent asset management fund group;
- acting for Octopus Investments' development capital team in respect of the debt aspects of VCT investments;
- acting in respect of the banking aspects of LDC's investment in Paladone International Limited, one of the UK's market leading designers and suppliers of giftware products;
- acting for the senior lender, alongside mezzanine financing, in connection with the management buy-out of a freight distribution and delivery business;
- advising a leading UK clearing bank in connection with the private equity backed acquisition of a drinks distribution business and portfolio of public houses;
- acting for Deutsche Bank in connection with the acquisition of part of the Project Stone commercial property loan portfolio from IBRC, and advising in relation to the ongoing restructuring of connections within that portfolio; and
- advising a leading manufacturer of soft tissue products on its facilities in relation to its admission to AIM.
Charlotte trained at Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds, qualifying into the Corporate Banking team in September 2012. She joined Shoosmiths in May 2017. In 2015, Charlotte spent six months on secondment in the financial sponsors team at HSBC Bank plc, working on sponsor-led leveraged finance transactions.