David advises on a wide range of non-contentious property issues, but with particular focus on high-value and complex strategic land and development transactions, advising on all aspects from initial site assembly through to disposal for residential, commercial and mixed-use. David also has experience of advising on general acquisitions and disposals, particularly in connection with brownfield industrial land and of corporate support and secured lending transactions.
David advises a wide range of clients including developers, national housebuilders, retailers and manufacturers. Current and previous clients include Henry Boot Plc, Countryside Properties Plc, Santander UK Plc, HSBC Bank Plc and Sheffield Hallam University.
Recent work includes:
- acting for the developer in a large mixed-use scheme including the sale to various national housebuilders of 1,000 houses and to a national supermarket of a major regional distribution centre;
- acting for the developer on various sites in connection with planning promotion and option agreements, together with onward disposals valued at between £5 million to £25 million to national housebuilders;
- completing the disposal of a number of brownfield sites for an international steel manufacturer;
- advising an off-shore fund on the charging and subsequent disposal of a significant national student accommodation portfolio; and
- advising a major financial institution in connection with a reorganisation of its property interests.
David joined Shoosmiths’ real estate practice as a Senior Associate in March 2017. Prior to that, David worked in Irwin Mitchell’s real estate team since his qualification in 2009.