David is a Partner and leads Shoosmiths' Band 1 Technology, Media & Commercial practice.
Specialising in technology and outsourcing matters, David is ranked as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 and is described by Chambers & Partners 2017 as “very pragmatic, very commercial and technically brilliant”.
David won the prestigious Client Partner of the Year Award at the British Legal Awards following a survey conducted by Legal Week of over 1400 senior in house lawyers who were asked to rate the client partner who'd impressed them the most. David topped the poll in the UK.
David’s recent experience includes advising:
- a global telecommunications company in relation to its strategic contracts with wholesale partners, template contracts for Wi-Fi services with major high street retailers, as well as in relation to its UK franchise strategy;
- a global travel company in relation to its substantial collaboration with easyJet to sell package holidays in seven European markets;
- a major European airline in connection with a sourcing deal relating to in-flight catering, retail and logistics services;
- a major regulatory body in relation to its business and ICT transformation programme, from initial procurement stage through to contract close, including conducting parallel negotiations with multiple bidders;
- a high street retailer on the outsourcing of its facilities management requirements at over 400 stores throughout the UK;
- a global software provider in connection with a number of SaaS contracts with investment banks, as well as providing advice in relation to software funding/leasing models;
- a global publisher in connection with the offshoring of business processes and the establishment of a captive service centre in India;
- the world’s largest provider of banking and payment technologies, in connection with its sourcing agreement with the Post Office;
- an online hotel booking business in relation to the offshoring of its customer service functions to the Philippines.