Eloise advises on both contentious and non-contentious matters but with a particular focus on intellectual property disputes.
Eloise regularly advises high profile clients on the protection, exploitation and enforcement of their intellectual property rights and seeks to provide effective and pragmatic solutions. Her clients come from a wide variety of sectors such as retail, manufacturing, technology, travel and automotive, oil and gas, healthcare, fashion and education.
Eloise has dealt with all stages of litigation from the pre-action work all the way through to trial and manages disputes involving trade marks, passing off, patents, copyright, database rights, groundless threats, confidential information and know how as well as comparative advertising.
Her wealth of experience has meant that she has handled claims in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court, Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and Company Names Tribunal as well as many cross border cases.
Eloise’s experience includes:
- managing a highly technical, multi-jurisdictional patent infringement and revocation claim related to technology used in the oil and gas industry being heard in the UK, Germany and the US;
- defending a claim for unregistered design right infringement and breach of copyright against a major UK retailer;
- regularly advising a global food and drink brand on the control of its brand, reputation management and enforcement of its intellectual property rights;
- acting for a leading travel brand in the enforcement of its trade mark rights in a variety of infringement claims being heard in the IPEC, High Court and the Court of Appeal as well managing a number of international disputes related to the same brand;
- advising the defendants in a High Court claim for infringement of database copyright and breach of contract and negotiating a settlement of the claim;
- defending a popular fashion label against a claim for design right infringement and passing off brought by a major fashion designer;
- advising on a complex claim for groundless threats and misrepresentation regarding a patent with a foreign party and the subsequent appeal;
- drafting, negotiating and finalising a variety of licences, assignments, R&D and technology transfer agreements and collaborations; and
- undertaking IP audits for various clients and due diligence during company acquisitions.