Emma is a Senior Associate in the Construction & Engineering team and is based in the Birmingham office.
Emma advises developers, contractors, sub-contractors, insolvency practitioners, and other construction and engineering professionals on a wide variety of issues, focusing primarily on dispute resolution including conducting mediations, adjudications and court proceedings. This includes advising on claims for defective workmanship, loss and expense claims, payment disputes, professional negligence claims and defective design. Emma also has a background in insurance litigation and has experience in dealing with a range of disputes.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising a global manufacturer in relation to a multi-party litigated dispute arising out a defectively designed and constructed warehouse facility,
- Advising a large pharmaceuticals client in respect of a payment dispute in connection with defectively designed manufacturing equipment,
- Providing pre-emptive advisory support to a developer client in relation claims being made against it regarding the construction of a distribution facility,
- Advising a charity in relation to a dispute with its main contractor and professional team in connection with defective renovations of social housing accommodation,
- Advising employers and main contractors in relation to final account disputes,
- Commencing and defending adjudications in relation to claims for extension of time, and claims for loss and expense.
Emma qualified in 2010, and joined Shoosmiths in 2016.