Gemma is a solicitor within the Real Estate team based in our Birmingham office. She has experience acting for corporate occupiers, with a specialism in retail and leisure corporate occupiers. Gemma has been involved in a variety of transactions including estate management and assisting on acquisitions and disposals of commercial premises in shopping centres, retail parks and on the high street.
Gemma’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a number of well-known high street names on all matters connected with the management of their property portfolios including disposals, lease renewals and alterations;
- Assisting on the acquisition of 280 stores and dealing with the CMA elements of the deal and then integrating the entire estate into the Client’s core portfolio;
- Dealing with the acquisition of UK headquarters for a growing international company; and
- Conducting a review of a national retailer’s entire portfolio consisting of over 850 properties and reporting on aspects of their leases in line with their specific requirements.
- Acting on a 'hive up' for a national convenience store, dealing with the transfer of over 350 properties.
Gemma joined Shoosmiths in February 2016.