Helen is a Principal Associate in our corporate department advising on all aspects of corporate law, including venture capital, advising from early stage seed investments to series A and later rounds and through to exists to a variety of clients such as prominent investors and start-ups, as well as founders and management team.
Helen also advises on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures, shareholders' agreements, investments and general corporate advisory mandates. She has recently:
- advised Octopus Ventures on various of its investments in the last 12 months including into Systum Inc, Glofox and Fluidly amongst others.
- advised Gresham House Ventures on various of its investments including into recruiter Samuel Knight International, seafood restaurant chain Rockfish Group, travel agent TravelLocal and SaaS platform Story Share.
- advised Octopus Development Finance on multiple growth capital investments including its £5m investment into Rotolight Limited, advanced LED lighting for the photography and filmmaking industry.
- advised Chronomics Limited on its initial £1.12m seed fundraising.
- on the sale of Spence Johnson to world leading fintech company, Broadridge.
- Hotel La Tour Limited on its sale of the entire share capital of Hotel La Tour Birmingham Limited (which operates Hotel La Tour in Birmingham) to Dalata UK Ltd (part of Dalata Hotel Group Plc).
- assisted several local authorities on city wide district heating projects including on the terms of private-public sector joint ventures, commercial arrangements and associated governance arrangements.
- acted for Amber Infrastructure, manager of the National Digital Infrastructure Fund, on investments into Community Fibre and Airband.
- acted for the founding members of a national leading nutrition and supplement company on the sale of a minority stake as part of a wider exit strategy.
Helen is fluent in French and read Law at the University of Reading, Helen then completed her LPC at BPP Law School in Holborn. Helen trained at Boyes Turner in Reading and qualified at Charles Russell Speechlys in September 2014 before joining Shoosmiths as a Solicitor in March 2017.