James heads our northern private equity and venture capital practice groups and is nationally recognised for his private equity expertise.
James specialises in corporate finance, with particular emphasis on M&A, private equity and growth capital transactions, including acquisitions and divestments, venture capital, growth equity, private equity investments and joint ventures. He is recognised by clients for his hands-on and responsive approach, technical skills and commercial pragmatism.
Key clients include August Equity, BGF, Capiton AG, Lloyds Development Capital (LDC), Maven Capital Partners, Moorfield Group, WM Morrison Supermarkets plc, YFM Equity Partners and Yorkshire Wildlife Group.
Recent experience includes:
- acting for August Equity on its divestment of the Aspirations Group to Elysian Capital, by way of secondary buy-out;
- advising LDC on its sale and subsequent co-investment with Francisco Partners in ByBox;
- acting for YFM Equity Partners in respect of their recent investment alongside Comhar Capital in Panintelligence;
- advising WM Morrison Supermarkets plc on the acquisition of three superstores from the Co-operative Group; and
- advising Yorkshire Wildlife Group on its debt and equity raise from Lloyds Bank plc and BGF.