Jon heads up the Solent office's litigation services team. He advises on complex, high value commercial disputes and is recommended in the 2020 Legal 500 Guide and Chambers and Partners 2020.
His practice has a particular emphasis in:
- IT and outsourcing disputes;
- contract and supply chain litigation; and
- corporate and shareholder disputes.
Recent work includes:
- Jon has a particularly strong reputation in the automotive and technology sectors and works with a number of leading automotive manufacturers and global IT companies including Volkswagen Group, IKEA, GAME and Honda Motor Europe. Jon is also a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
- pursuing claims for a US technology company in respect of a multi-million pound dispute arising from a global IT outsourcing agreement;
- advising a leading FTSE 100 company in respect of a £40 million supply chain dispute involving a leading retail chain;
- acting for a global automotive manufacturer in a multimillion pound telecommunications dispute, including pursuing claim relating to the procurement process, contractual interpretation and exit;
- defending a leading IT company from claims exceeding £20milllion arising from an complex software development project; and
- acting in the matter of HHH v GGG in defending a £40 million claim arising from the payment of bribes to a foreign public official, which are the subject of a parallel criminal investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.
Jon is regularly asked to contribute to leading publications and is the author of the Lexis Nexis chapter on “Termination of Distribution Agreements”.