Karen has over 12 years’ experience advising clients on all aspects of employment law. She provides friendly, responsive and commercial advice, helping make her clients’ lives easier whether she is managing senior hires and exits, advising on employee relations or drafting employment contracts and other documents to protect the business.
In addition to helping clients operate their “business as usual”, Karen has considerable experience advising buyers, sellers and investors on the people side of corporate transactions. She also regularly designs and implements TUPE and collective redundancy consultation programmes and where necessary will robustly defend or prosecute claims in the High Court or Employment Tribunal.
Karen’s recent experience includes advising:
- a hotel group on the people aspects of the sale of four high-end luxury hotels for circa £1bn
- a leading global relocation and moving service provider on the employment aspects of a complex multi-jurisdictional acquisition
- US in-house counsel on the successful closure of a high profile UK business
- the majority shareholders in relation to an unfair prejudice claim
- a number of senior executives in relation to their employment and its termination
Karen joined Shoosmiths in April 2019 following 9 years at Howard Kennedy LLP and 5.5 years at Dechert LLP.
Karen is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and previously served as a non-executive director on its management committee.