Kat is a Banking and Finance solicitor based in the Leeds office, with a range of debt finance experience including leveraged finance, acquisition and real estate finance, venture debt and general corporate lending. She acts for banks and private equity and debt funds as well as borrowers and sponsors on a variety of transactions.
Recent transactions include:
- Advising a bank client on their corporate lending to an established European PE house to support the MBO of a Hull-based timber processor and distributor;
- Advising on the finance aspects of a major investment from a private equity investor to leading video game industry company;
- Advising UK Real Estate Fund manager on its £600m partnership with a renowned proptech residential investment platform.
- Advising large investment bank on EUR400m financing of acquisition of pan-European logistics portfolio; and
- Assisting with advice to corporate entities on the effect of Covid-19, particularly in the context of access to the Covid Corporate Financing Facility (CCFF) supported by the Bank of England.
Kat graduated with a 2:1 honours degree in law from the University of Birmingham before undertaking her training contract at Allen & Overy in London. After qualifying in 2018, Kat worked as an Associate in the Allen & Overy Frankfurt office for two years. She has recently relocated back to the UK and joined Shoosmiths growing Banking and Finance team in February 2021.