Kelly qualified as a solicitor in 2019 and joined Shoosmiths in August 2020. She is part of the Disputed Wills and Trusts team. Kelly acts for claimants, defendants and executors in a wide range of disputes including:
- challenges to the validity of a will;
- claims for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975;
- professional negligence arising out of negligent will drafting or estate administration;
- removal of executors; and
- proprietary estoppel claims.
Kelly's work highlights include:
- acting for a claimant in the removal of an executor of her late father's estate;
- defending a claim for reasonable financial provision being made by an adult child;
- acting for an adult child in a claim for reasonable financial provision; and
- acting for a claimant challenging the validity of her late mother's will on the ground of lack of capacity
Kelly acts for clients nationally.