Lauren has specialised in property matters since qualifying as a solicitor in 2015. Lauren has gained a broad range of experience acting on behalf of companies, estates and individual landowners in a variety of transactions.
Lauren’s recent experience includes the following:
· Acting on behalf of a construction company in the acquisition of several warehouses for their own occupation which involved providing advice in relation to funding, examining title deeds, and reviewing lease agreements and ancillary documents.
· Acting on behalf of a company which entered into a 99 year occupational lease of a garage for their own purposes, including putting in place a standard security over the lease and preparing a certificate of title.
· Acting on behalf of landowners (estates and individuals) in relation to telecommunication mast site leases which involved reviewing title deeds, drafting and revising lease documents, and preparing reports on title.
· Acting on behalf of both landlords and tenants in reviewing and drafting lease documents, including assignation of leases, sub-leases, minutes of variation and renunciation of leases.
· Assisting in a wide range of property transactions including preparing offers to purchase and sell, reviewing title documents, reporting to clients and lenders, and drafting associated documents.
- Assisting in several large-scale site acquisitions for national housebuilder clients, which included examining title deeds and section 75 Agreements, and reporting to the client on the terms of both the title and the contract.
Lauren joined Shoosmiths in 2018 from a firm in Moray where she trained.