Lee is a Partner in the corporate department's restructuring and insolvency team. Lee’s practice covers a broad range of formal and informal corporate restructuring and insolvency matters. He regularly acts for lenders, creditors, insolvency practitioners, corporates and directors. He advises on all types of restructuring situations, accelerated M&A and formal corporate insolvency procedures (administration, liquidation and receivership).
Lee has particular expertise in the retail sector having advised in connection with the administrations of Monsoon Accessorize Limited, Harveys and Bensons for Beds, Cath Kidston, TM Lewin and Bounty. In addition, Lee also has expertise in the peer to peer lending market having been part of the wider team advising the administrators of Lendy Limited (and its associated company Saving Stream Security Holdings Limited) and on the CVA of Wellesley Finance Plc.
Lee has also advised in relation to the following:
- the administration and disposal of the business and assets of Laundrapp Limited;
- the administration and disposal of the business and assets of Honestjohn.co.uk Limited;
- the administration and disposal of the business and assets of UK Window Group Limited;
- the administration of Monarch Aircraft Engineering Limited;
- the purchase of the business and assets of the Potting Shed Bar and Restaurant Group;
- the impact of the insolvency of entities such as Wrightbus, Drayton Manor, Nuconnect on certain clients.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths in 2019, Lee was a Partner at Ince & Co where he advised on a number of cross border shipping and energy restructurings including:
- advising a Middle-Eastern client on a multi-billion-dollar reorganisation of its shipping, marine services and logistics group;
- advising an international oil and gas client on a complex multi-layered agreement comprising a US$400m debt liability, the transfer of over 30 vessels, refinancing of existing facilities, a debt for equity swap and renegotiation of existing trading documents;
- advising a group of ship owners on the impact of the CVA of Plexus Cotton Limited.