Ryan is a partner in the construction and engineering team at Shoosmiths.
He specialises in drafting and negotiating construction and engineering contracts based on industry standard forms such as FIDIC, ICC, IChemE, JCT, MF/1, NEC3/4 and PPC2000 and bespoke forms including EPC, EPCM (offshore and onshore) and FEED contracts, as well as framework agreements, pre-construction services agreements, professional appointments, security and other ancillary construction and engineering documents.
Ryan's expertise includes providing construction procurement and project and transaction advice to developer, contractor, sub-contractor, consultant, landlord, tenant, investor and funder clients across a broad range of sectors including office, hotels, prime residential, retail, mixed use, healthcare, utilities, energy and infrastructure.
His recent project experience includes advising:
- the developer of a of 12,000 sq ft development of commercial and retail space, as well as 111 apartments arranged over 1 to 8 storeys, in Bermondsey, London;
- a fund manager in their head office relocation to a new landmark office building in central London;
- the developer of a block of 130 residential flats in Birmingham;
- a JV developer in relation to various sets of works at two business parks in the Home Counties;
- the operator on the construction aspects of its adoption and operation of the utilities infrastructure for Google’s new £1bn London headquarters in King’s Cross; and
- a sub-contractor in its tender negotiations for multiple sub-contract packages on Phase One of HS2.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths, Ryan was the head of construction and engineering at Travers Smith.