Sarah is a commercial lawyer specialising in data protection, privacy and cyber security in UK, Europe and globally. Sarah acts for a wide variety of clients including in the retail, public, charity, technology, insurance, travel and regulatory sectors. Sarah has extensive experience in litigation, fraud and knowhow, and handles a wide variety of information law matters, including in relation to the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, eprivacy, freedom of information, network and information systems, marketing compliance and global privacy laws. She has handled many global cyber security incident responses involving multiple regulators and jurisdictions and privacy and cybersecurity laws. Her advice has included:
- the creation of binding corporate rules for global organisations;
- complex data mapping and advice for household names;
- data protection compliance modelling for a major global technology brand's new website service offering;
- future data protection strategy planning for global retailers;
- creation of policies for travel operators and household UK brands; and
- technical advice for public sector, regulatory and professional bodies.
Sarah regularly reviews website and contract compliance, privacy policies and procedures and provides practical and topical training to clients at all levels including national seminars for one insurer about human rights legislation and case law and sitting on the GDPR expert panel for the Charity IT Leaders Annual Conference attended by the UK's biggest charities, some of whom operate on the global market.