Sarah is a commercial lawyer passionate about data protection, privacy and cyber security in UK, Europe and globally, and a partner in Shoosmiths' dedicated team ranked in the Legal 500. Sarah acts for a wide variety of clients including in the health and life sciences, public, charity, pensions, technology, insurance, travel, retail and regulatory sectors. Sarah has extensive experience privacy law matters, including in relation to the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, global privacy laws, eprivacy, freedom of information, network and information systems, and marketing compliance. She has handled many global cyber security incident responses involving multiple regulators and jurisdictions and privacy and cybersecurity laws. Her advice has included:
- the creation of binding corporate rules for global organisations;
- complex data mapping and advice for household names;
- data protection compliance modelling for complex life science organisations and a major global technology brand's new website service offering;
- future data protection strategy planning for global retailers;
- creation of policies for household brands; and
- technical advice for public sector, regulatory and professional bodies.
Sarah regularly reviews website and contract compliance, privacy policies and procedures and provides practical and topical training to clients at all levels including as an invited expert speaker at US conferences, national seminars for one insurer about human rights legislation and case law, and as an expert for the Charity IT Leaders Annual Conference. She is known for translating dry complex subjects for her clients into what is needed