Sean heads up the National Private Equity practice and leads the South Corporate team covering its Solent, Thames Valley and Milton Keynes offices. A top class corporate partner he is identified by Chambers and Partners as "a leader in his fields" and in Legal 500, he is "considered to be the best corporate lawyer on the South coast."
Since joining Shoosmiths in 2004 Sean has built the private equity team into the first class national practice it is today. Acting for equity providers, management teams and financial sponsors the team have a unique national footprint, with a top class equity offering across the UK from Manchester to Solent.
Major deals where Sean has recently acted include:
- acting for LDC on the sale of Property Software Group to Zoopla for £75m, the £105m MBO of ByBox and its £16m investment into national salon Rush;
- acting for Management on the buyout of Phlexglobal by Vitruvian Partners from Bridgepoint Development Capital;
- acting for the Sellers on the acquisition of Drew Smith by Galliford Try plc;
- acting for the shareholders of Hamleys on its £100m sale to China based C.Banner International;
- acting for the shareholders of Raymond Brown Minerals and Recycling on its sale to Elysian Capital;
- acting for Dukes Education Group on various acquisitions including Cardiff Sixth Form College, Earlscliffe and the Fine Arts College; and
- acting for August Equity and the shareholders on the sale of Compass Community to Graphite Capital.
Sean Wright has been ranked in The Chambers 100 – a prestigious list of the best 100 business lawyers in the UK. Sean has been ranked on the list for his ‘commercial awareness and negotiation skills’, and ability to ‘maintain goodwill but win the key points’. Sean ‘provides hands-on personal service, and has loads of experience and the ability to negotiate in a friendly way.’ The Chambers 100
Sean qualified in London in 1990, gaining practical experience with a year’s secondment to Shell International Plc. He joined Shoosmiths in 2004 as an Equity Partner.