Stacey is a Solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Team and is based in the Birmingham office.
Stacey has experience in aspects of contentious construction matters and assisting the team with advising and acting for housing associations, educational institutions, local authorities, contractors and subcontractors.
Her recent contentious experience includes:
- Assisting and advising on multiple adjudications in relation to the Mersey Gateway Bridge in the North West of England;
- Assisting and advising an educational institution in defence of an adjudication in relation to alleged non-payment of an interim application for works for a school;
- Assisting and advising a contractor on the merits of an adjudication in relation to whether a payment application was final or interim and on the proper service of applications for payment/pay less notices;
- Preparing adjudications including the preparation of notice of adjudication, referral and witness statement documents alongside counsel in relation to an issue relation to the preparing of bill of quantities and losses arising; and
- Assisting and advising a housing association in relation to non-payment of an interim application for regeneration works to a housing estate. The application was for both measurements and time.
Stacey qualified into Construction in August 2017, having previously worked as a paralegal in Real Estate Litigation, and joined Shoosmiths in 2018.