Stephen is a specialist regulatory criminal defence lawyer and advises companies, directors and individuals on regulatory compliance across a range of sectors including advertising and marketing compliance (including sales promotions, prize promotions and Gambling Act compliance), anti-bribery legislation (including customer and third party incentive schemes), food and drink; tobacco law, inquests, health and safety, fire safety and product safety.
Stephen’s experience includes:
- regularly advising retail, food and drink and automotive clients on advertising and marketing compliance;
- regularly advising an international tobacco product manufacturer on tobacco laws, hybrid products and e-cigarettes;
- advising retail and automotive clients on customer and third party incentive schemes;
- advising a major building and plumbing merchant on sales promotions and prize promotions;
- representing and advising corporate and individual clients at various Inquests;
- advising retail, telecommunications and automotive clients on product labelling, CE Marking and EU conformity; and
- assisting in corporate transactions by carrying out regulatory due diligence on target companies.
Stephen is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers' Association and the Food Law Group.
Stephen qualified in 2015 having trained with the firm which included a secondment with a global car manufacturer and distributor where he advised on numerous commercial and regulatory issues, including consumer dispute resolution, advertising and marketing law, gambling act compliance, data protection and IP.