Steve is a partner in the corporate team at Shoosmiths specialising in advising companies and investors on venture and growth capital investments, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions, mainly in the technology sector. He is ranked by the Legal 500 as a leading individual for venture capital work.
On the company side, Steve regularly guides companies and founders through the full life-cycle of the business, from the first funding round, through later-stage rounds and to a successful exit. He also acts on a repeat basis for a number of investors.
Recent experience includes:
- advising leading fare payments platform Masabi on its financing rounds, including its latest growth financing led by Accel-KKR;
- advising Matillion on its Series B, C and D rounds;
- acting for an edtech company on its Series B financing;
- advising XYZ Reality on its Series Seed and Series A financings;
- acting for Clean Growth Fund on a number of investment rounds;
- acting for a leading UK technology VC on various investment rounds;
- acting on a repeat basis for a leading proptech VC; and
- acting for a leading aggregator of Amazon and other e-commerce brands on its UK acquisitions.