Expert in relation to issues facing clients moving into ‘smart’ or digital industry, Victoria is praised by clients for her pragmatic and strategic thinking. With 15 years' experience, she has a strong specialism in patent litigation.
Clients benefit from Victoria’s technical background in software development, enabling her to advise on high tech patents and other IP issues in complex technology sectors. Her skill in quickly grasping diverse subject matter is highlighted and she has particular expertise in patent and FRAND issues within wireless communications and other standards-based industries.
Unusually, Victoria also has considerable experience in life sciences patent litigation and a specialism in medtech.
Speaking fluent German, Victoria provides a seamless service on matters with a German aspect and leads multi-jurisdictional patent matters in Europe.
Recent experience includes:
- acting in a major patent and FRAND case in relation to Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) technology, including a trial of two patents in January 2019;
- advising a client moving into digital health on issues relating to technical standards from R&D through to FRAND licensing and strategies for enforcement;
- acting for a generic pharmaceutical company in its successful revocation of a Supplementary Protection Certificate for a dual-combination drug used for the treatment of HIV;
- supporting a client in patent licence negotiations including a review of a patent portfolio; and
- acting in successful defence of an action to revoke a pharmaceutical client’s patent for its blockbuster drug, achieving settlement on the first morning of a 13-day trial.
Victoria joined Shoosmiths in March 2019 from Pinsent Masons LLP. Prior to that she spent over 10 years at Wragge & Co, later Wragge Lawrence Graham.