Will is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of all transactional real estate matters, including advising on investment sales and acquisitions, developments, and landlord and tenant matters for institutional investors, overseas investors in the UK, property companies, and private clients.
Will also has substantial experience advising commercial and corporate occupiers (including retailers, restaurants, healthcare providers and financial and professional services companies) on leasing commercial property and portfolio management. In addition, he advises on the real estate aspects of corporate and finance transactions.
His recent project experience includes advising:
- on the acquisition of a UK campus for a renowned overseas university;
- an international healthcare company on leasehold acquisitions in connection with its expansion into the UK;
- a hotel investor on the £65 million disposal of a major hotel development in London’s West End;
- on the investment acquisition of a £40 million office building in Canary Wharf; and
- a major private equity fund on real estate due diligence in connection with numerous corporate acquisitions, including a global leisure park group.
Will joined Shoosmiths' real estate practice in January 2019, having previously worked at PwC and Hogan Lovells.