"Shoosmiths LLP provides 'excellent overall service, is attentive to clients' needs, and is always striving to add value'."
Legal 500, 2018
We are acknowledged experts in telecommunications law relating to property.
We act for a wide range of developers, wholesale infrastructure providers and investors, providing strategic and practical advice in relation to the impact of the new Electronic Communications Code which came into force under the Digital Economy Act 2017. We have written on the topic for the Estates Gazette and provided multiple training sessions to clients on the implications of the new code.
How we can help you
- provide strategic high level advice on the implications of the new code for individual businesses;
- assist in preparing applications to Ofcom for the acquisition of code powers;
- advise and represent landowners in respect of any tribunal applications received from operators seeking to be granted code agreements; and
- advise in relation to the removal of telecoms equipment from all types of premises to ensure vacant possession as swiftly as possible (including fully project-managing the service of appropriate notices and applicable deadlines).
- providing strategic advice to a major wholesale infrastructure provider ahead of the new code’s implementation;
- advising a PLC on its successful application to acquire code powers;
- advising an infrastructure investor fund as to the statutory rights and liabilities of the code protected alt-net providers; and
- successfully negotiating the removal of telecoms apparatus from a university’s rooftop, which was threatening to hold-up a £125m campus redevelopment scheme.