Trustee secretarial services
Excellent service and advice from a team specialising in providing trustee secretarial services supporting trustee boards in the UK in achieving efficient and proactive management.
The role of a pension scheme secretary is similar to that of a company secretary with a need to comply with both governance and legal requirements.
Our experienced and friendly team will take responsibility for as much of your trustee secretarial needs as you require, taking on the complete role or working with your existing secretary or pensions manager.
Led by Heather Chandler (pensions partner) the team brings together a wealth of pensions and company secretarial experience.
We can offer flexible packages according to your needs, which can include some or all of the following:
- arranging dates and venues for trustee meetings
- agreeing the agenda with the Chair
- collating and circulating effective board packs
- attending trustee meetings to take minutes and advise on secretarial matters
- agree full and compliant minutes with the Chair after the meeting
- following up on agreed action points
General trustee administration
- ensuring full communication between the trustees, members and any third party administrator
- maintaining an effective dialogue with all advisers
- ensuring compliance with the trustees' policies on bribery, risk and conflicts of interest; keeping the appropriate registers up to date and monitoring internal controls
- assisting with the preparation of the trustees' budgets and monitoring of costs
- ensuring that new trustees receive appropriate training and maintaining trustee training records for all trustees
- assisting with the preparation of the annual report and accounts
- ensuring that Exchange is kept up-to-date, including the completion and submission of the annual scheme return
- providing a secure online facility for the storage of scheme documents
We are conscious that the needs of all trustee boards are different, and so offer a flexible service in order to accommodate your individual requirements.
Finally, we know that costs are always a significant factor for trustee boards, and we are happy to offer fixed fees for our tailored packages.