Technology and innovation
"I am extremely grateful for the support and contributions of our outstanding outside legal counsel"
Global technology client
Our team of technology lawyers help technology rich organisations - from global technology giants to pioneering SMEs - to develop, exploit and protect their products, ideas and discoveries.
We are well known for our work in advanced manufacturing, software, energy, transport (including automotive), telecoms and smart technologies.
Many of our lawyers have backgrounds in science, engineering, manufacturing or software and have worked in-house at technology companies or research organisations meaning that we will quickly understand your technology and the market in which you operate.
We advise on all stages of the technology innovation lifecycle including:
- Technology audits
- R&D and collaboration agreements
- Patent and know how licensing
- Manufacturing and supply agreements
- Breach of confidence and trade secrets
- Specialist litigation (including patent, software and breach of confidence disputes)
- Essential patents and FRAND disputes
- Related services, such as funding and state aid
We have handled disputes and transactions across a range of technologies including oil and gas well perforation, photonic printing, advanced water treatment, robotic amusement rides, friction stir welding, autonomous vehicles, smart city technology and waste to energy processes.